Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Playing with Manny. Caught 'em both looking!
In other news, Helaman is DONE interviewing for oral surgery residencies. The countdown clock on the right reminds us how long it will be until "match day" which is when all the applicants find out which program they will go to. He interviewed at the following schools (in alpha order): U of Alabama (Birmingham), Columbia, Emory (Atlanta), Houston, U of Kentucky (Lexington), U of Louisville, Parkland (Dallas). Wish him luck!
Last week we ventured over to the Garden State Mall (wow!) on the Mexican shuttle bus and it wasn't too bad at all crowd-wise. Much better than a Manhattan street during the holidays. Little Charlotte is a great shopper, beaming at all the people. The funniest part was on the way home she completely conked out in my arms. Nothin' like a good day of shopping!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Saturday, December 01, 2007
I recently discovered Google Group Chat and love it! The other day I was talking to Jen and Lachelle at the same time and it was like we were hanging out again as carefree single gals in Mesa teasing eachother about the silly boys we dated back then. I had graduated from BYU a year earlier and was working at a law firm in Phoenix. We were also talking about this picture so I had to go find it. Awesome decorating huh! So much has happened in 5 years - I never thought I'd be 2,474 miles away (in an apt half the size of that one). Where were you 5 years ago?
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Last Wednesday, Helaman and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary! It was wonderful to get out of the city and into the boonies for a while. The drive up was full of color. We were at a resort in the Berkshires in upstate Massachusetts. An excess of pre-Thanksgiving shopping led us to forgo a fancy dinner in favor of a good old mall food court experience. We couldn't top last year's Tao dinner, so why try? The resort sponsored our shopping trip by giving us $100 to take a tour of the timeshare property and try to keep a straight face while a very nice salesperson tells us that although we have no home, no income, and no car, we should buy a timeshare.
I'm so thankful for a husband who is (usually) content to shop for hours on end with me. Like I said, we went to the outlets and mall before Thanksgiving, to scout out what me might like to get when everything went on sale on Friday. What we found was that most stores already had their post-Thanksgiving deals going on. I checked with the employees to make sure. Then, I was shocked to find out that some stores (I'm looking at you, Target!) had WORSE deals on Friday then they had had on Wednesday. I was disappointed at the time, but happy to know that I won't be missing anything when I do not join the Black Friday maylay next year. I'll be there on Wednesday.
It was very cool every morning to see the snow-makers coating the runs.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Occasionally I enter online "mom blog" contests. About a month ago I won these Robeez baby shoes from Boston Mamas, so I thought I'd give them a shout out in appreciation. They are a bit big for Charlotte now, but she will love them soon when she starts toddling around.
Charlotte has recently started demanding balanced meals. Or rather, she won't eat vegetables unless I give her fruits too. It's hilarious - if I bring out a green meal for her she'll start screaming, but if she sees another color offered up too.... all is well.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Approval from Cousin Jeff
What a difference 7 months makes! Charlotte with new cousin Lucy.
Happiest Grandma on the block
We had a great time in Houston, shopping for baby toys and clothes! Charlotte loved playing with her grandparents.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
It's fitting that she is a little pumpkin as that is what all the nurses called her in the hospital when she was born because of her orange color! Speaking of.... congrats to Pete and Sheralie who just had a little girl of their own today - Lucy Anna, who narrowly escaped being a Halloween baby. There are now 4 grandkids in our family - 2 girls and 2 boys.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Helaman and I love to carve pumpkins. It all stems back to October 2003 when my office building in Phoenix had a contest. We entered 5 pumpkins (hauling them all in to work was slightly embarrassing). One of them did win - I wish I had a picture of that one.
This is me and my two older brothers showing off some classic Halloween gear.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Hiding her big smile behind a nuk
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Friday, September 28, 2007
1. Who is your man? Helaman
2. How long have you been together? We will have been married for 4 years in November.
3. How long did you date? 8 months.
4. How old is your man? He is a young one - 26.
5. Who eats more? He does - just watch him with a fresh batch of Choco-Baloccos.
6. Who said I love you first? He did - May '03
7. Who is taller? Helaman 6'3"
8. Who sings better? Helaman refuses to even try to sing.
9. Who is smarter? Hmmm ..... I think we are smart at different things (how is that for diplomacy?) But I think it is true.
10. Who's temper is worse? Mine! Helaman is one of the most easygoing people ever. I can count on one finger the times he has gotten piping mad.
11. Who does the laundry? I do - I have a hard time letting him do it after a certain favorite sweater of mine got thrown in and ruined.
12. Who does the dishes? I do. And we have no dishwasher, folks. Ahhhh!
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? We like to switch it up.
14. Who pays the bills? I do. He doesn't have the temperament to yell at people when bills are wrong, which for some reason they often are!
15. Who has bigger feet? Helaman. Especially when he hasn't trimmed his toenails! Ewww!
16. Who has longer hair? I do.
17. Who is better at the computer? Helaman. Though I of course I am better at blogging.
18. Who mows the lawn? The teenagers or immigrants we plan to hire when we have a lawn.
19. Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time, but Helaman has a few recipes he likes to whip up so he can test out the tips he gets on the food network. Cooking together is my favorite.
20. Who drives when you are together? The MTA busdriver.
21. Who pays when you go out? Whoever bothered to bring a wallet.
22. Who is most stubborn? Charlotte - especially when faced with bottles.
23. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I always apologize, then say "aren't you going to apologize now?" And he laughs and it is all better. It works!
24. Whose parents do you see the most? It is pretty equal as they are all very far away.
25. Who kissed who first? Helaman kissed me our first week of hanging out. I can't even say first date because we hadn't gone on a real date thanks to the "hanging out" phenomenon of young singles in Mesa.
26. Who asked out who? I asked for a date and he came up with one.
27. Who proposed? He did on his birthday!
28. Who is more sensitive? I am super sensitive. I cry all the time especially at cheesy TV show moments.
29. Who has more friends? We both have a few really good friends we keep up with through the years.
30. Who has more siblings? Technically Helaman does counting his half-siblings (7) compared to my (5).
31. Who wears the pants in the family? We are good about sharing them.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
First time on a swing!