Thursday, March 01, 2007
49 Things About Me (Helaman)
Since Christina put 51 things about herself I will put 49 things about myself since I am supposed to be the "other half."
1. I have never had a full time job.
2. I auditioned for a commercial.
3. At the aforementioned commercial I met Mario Lopez aka AC Slater. I was not cast, but neither was he.
4. I was the Arizona mountain bike state champion in the 14-16 year old category 2 years in a row.
5. I placed 4th in the National mountain bike championship.
6. I graduated college in 3 years, a B.I.S. in Chemistry and Religion.
7. I attended Arizona State University.
8. I have never had braces. This said, my teeth are straight.
9. The sports I enjoy are basketball, cycling, golf, and dirt biking in no particular order.
10. My favorite drama on television is House.
11. My favorite comedy on television is Scrubs with the Office coming in close second.
12. I was the Paradise Valley Unified School District ping pong champion.
13. My favorite cartoon is The Simpsons. I own 9 seasons on DVD.
14. My favorite book is The Catcher In the Rye.
15. The above being said, my favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut.
16. My favorite Vonnegut book is Cat's Cradle.
17. One of my dreams is to live in Kauai and be a beach bum.
18. I currently attend Columbia College of Dental Medicine, class of 2008.
19. My favorite movies by category: Drama-Forrest Gump or Garden State, Comedy-The Big Lebowski or Bottle Rocket, Action-Apocalypse Now.
20. My favorite director is Wes Anderson.
21. I served a mission in the Charlotte NC Mission, 2000-2002.
22. My favorite band is Sparta.
23. The only bone I have broken is my left hand ring finger.
24. My favorite food is spicy Asian food. I have not had a spicy Asian dish from any of the Asian countries that I have not thoroughly enjoyed.
25. My dog's name was She-ra.
26. My favorite camping spot is Wet Beaver Creek next to Sedona, AZ. I have camped there 8 times.
27. I went skydiving my senior year of high school while on vacation in CA. It was fun and I would do it again.
28. I hit the game winning hit in the Little League Championship game.
29. My favorite stand up comedian is Jim Gaffigan. Hot Pocket anyone?
30. My favorite Simpsons character is Homer.
31. My favorite hamburger is a Double-Double Animal Style from In-N-Out with the Island Burger coming in a close second.
32. I would like to go on vacation to the Virgin Islands.
33. My favorite board game is Settlers of Cataan.
34. My career goal is to become an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
35. I have a group of friends that I have known since Kindergarten. We are all still in touch.
36. I am a germ-a-phobe. Not a crazy one though. Or am I?
37. I owned a dirt bike in college, a Suzuki RM-125. My bike in the future will be a little "beefier."
38. I have had multiple part time jobs in my life including dental assistant, credit card salesman, math tutor, research assistant, junior basketball coach, umpire, floppy disk duplicator salesman, and teaching assistant for college algebra and materials engineering.
39. I rented a houseboat with some friends on Lake Roosevelt in AZ.
40. My favorite Seinfeld episode is the one where Dr. Watley converts to Judaism for the jokes. I love all of the dentist humor in that episode. "I'm just a sadist with newer magazines."
41. I have always wanted to live back east and dental school has provided me with that opportunity, and now I want to go back west (or south).
42. I am currently working in a lab on campus that is involved in tissue engineering. My project is the production of vascularized bone grafts from bone marrow.
43. I still enjoy playing original Nintendo occasionally. Check out consoleclassix.com
44. I still love watching Saved By the Bell.
45. My favorite game show is Jeopardy followed by The Price is Right.
46. I enjoy just wandering around NYC looking at "stuff" and eating at random restaurants.
47. I abhor doing the dishes but still occasionally buckle down and do them. Sorry Christina:(
48. I enjoy technology and electronic gadgets.
49. Conan O Brien is my favorite late night talk show. I have been to the show twice, once in the front row.