- I’ve had 5 full time jobs since graduating from college and have liked two of them including current.
- I’ve lived in 6 states so far (CA, FL, NC, UT, AZ, NY).
- Helaman and I were immortalized in a permanent camera shot Conan O’Brian uses in his “flying desk” bit.
- I’ve had braces and invisalign.
- I finished college in 3 ½ years, majored in Public Relations and didn’t like doing that after all.
- While in
I’ve seen Don Cheadle, Matthew Fox, Tom Brokaw, Katie Couric (saw her in SLC too) and Beyonce in person. New York
- I met my husband at the drive-in movies in
I noticed he was wearing interesting shoes. That is most people’s first impression of him. Scottsdale AZ.
- Rudy Guliani and I worked for the same law firm. At different times.
- I was a cheerleader in high school.
- We went on a cruise on our honeymoon to
but Mexico Catalina Islandwas our favorite stop.
- I’ve started wearing contact lenses recently since I noticed I couldn’t see street signs in order to figure out where to walk.
- I adopted a kitten I found in the parking garage in college and named her Caroline. That was also one of our baby name choices.
- I’ve waited outside Serendipity for ice cream in 20 degree weather for 2 hours.
- I love elephants.
- My favorite (on the air) shows are ER, 24, House, The Office and Scrubs.
- My favorite off the air show is Felicity.
- I organize the shirts in my closet by color.
- I drove a completely embarrassing astro van to high school my junior year. It turns out my husband drove a full size one!
- I love autumn/pumpkin/spice and pine scented candles.
- I always seemed to have two best friends to form a trio, wherever I was.
- I love roller coasters.
- I always return milkshakes if they don’t have the right consistency.
- I dated a bunch of pre-dental guys at BYU.
- I was a reporter for The Daily Universe for a semester and had four stories make the front page. I can't believe it - they are all still online. http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/11162
- Mint chip ice cream is my favorite ice cream overall.
- Godiva White Chocolate Raspberry is a specific favorite.
- German Chocolate Cake is my favorite Coldstone Creation.
- Helaman and I are majorly competitive at mini-golf against other couples.
- We have played Jeopardy against each other every weekday for the past three years. He usually wins. He’s faster, not smarter.
- My part time job at BYU’s Evening Classes dept paid $6.15 an hour.
- I love buying scrapbooking supplies. Now I’m just waiting for a room to do it in.
- I also worked at The Gap in college for an average of two hours a week.
- I love big breakfasts like waffles or French toast.
- I like to bake more than cook.
- When I started BYU, everyone said I had a southern accent. It’s gone away.
- My brother broke my right arm, a horse broke my left (18 years later).
- I love Asian food – Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese especially.
- I’ve sold thousands of dollars worth of Helaman’s and my old stuff on ebay. Most lucrative: his old Lego sets.
- My first time sledding in
I scraped up my whole face. Utah
- I love carving pumpkins - always have!
- All of my grandparents are living.
- I love reading good books. When I had a slacker job I reviewed them on amazon.
- We went to
and took a cruise around the islands. Hawaii Kauaiwas our favorite.
- I’ve never had a passport.
- We drove from
to Tempe AZ in 22 hours straight through in a moving truck. Houston TX
- Historical fiction books are my favorite kind.
- My first live concert was Dave Matthews in
. North Carolina
- I don’t like soda.
- I’ve never had a cavity (hmm are those two related?).
- I HATE being late. As a result more than a few times I’ve been unfashionably early.
- I can’t pay full price for anything.
Monday, February 26, 2007
51 Things About Me
First of all - how in the world do people come up with 100 things?? That is a full time job! As it is, this post has been sitting in draft form for weeks waiting to be finished. So in the spirit of "good enough!" (same attitude as my apt cleaning lately) I present 51 things about me. Maybe someday I'll have the time to do 49 more things, but for now, I opt to use my free time to sleep instead.