Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My Charbaby

Charlotte has become a lot more brave playing in the play area at the mall lately. Usually bowled over by bigger, more obnoxious kids, and scared to death - today she got out there and had fun.


Though riding this horse wasn't her favorite (she's a lot more cautious about horseback riding than I am - that's good).


I looked over at the bookcase a few minutes ago and saw this scene. It is significant. I was working at the computer and Charlotte made herself busy dumping her milk sippy cup on the bookshelf here. I saw that and told her she needed to clean it up to which request she laughed hysterically, and to be truthful, I did too - I mean, here I am asking a baby to clean up her own mess. As if. A few minutes later I looked over and saw that rag sitting there and the milk cleaned up! She had gone into the kitchen, gotten a rag from the one cabinet that is not childproofed, and mopped it up! I couldn't believe my eyes - which is why I took a picture, just to be sure it happened.

3 comments:

Ted and Hilery said...

Charlotte and Nora would be good friends. Nora only enjoys the mall play area when there are less kids. If there are a lot of kids, she just sits back and watches instead of playing. And if someone touches her or bumps into her, watch out! I will hear in a very annoyed, mean voice, "Don't touch me!".

Sheralie said...

i think that is one of the greatest stories i have ever heard. it has made me smile all day.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute! -Mary & Jake Epstein