Tuesday, April 03, 2007

One Week Old

Charlotte is one week old today! She has been enjoying being wrapped up like a burrito and hanging out with her friends in the crib. I didn't put many details in the last post about her arrival. Last Monday, I thought my water had broken, so I stopped by the hospital on the way to work. It turns out the water had not broken, and I got ready to go to work, but they checked the fluids, and they were low enough that the doctor wanted to go ahead and induce labor. Wasn't quite ready for that! But ready or not, I was put on the drugs at 10 a.m., and labor started about 3 p.m. It was a really long night with not much progress and despite being able to watch "24" in the delivery room, I was pretty impatient. The next morning still no progress had been made! Thankfully, within an hour I was ready to go and 30 minutes of pushing later, Charlotte came out at 10:14 a.m. She didn't cry, she just looked around with her big blue eyes at what was going on. In her first week, she has already become a New Yorker, braving a taxi ride like a champ and busy noisy streets without being fazed. I guess she is used to those sounds though! She loves her Grandma, who is visiting and loves to hold her, her vibrating chair and her pacifier.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rob and Sarah said...

She is sooooo cute! I love all the pictures!

Smith Family said...

She is so beautiful! She does have a lot of lil creature friends! I'm glad you got to watch 24. I mean these things are important! :)

lrbodine said...

She's cute! Keep posting pictures. I have that same flower blanket and bouncy chair. :) And good job on teaching her the pacifier at a young age . . . I was so excited when Ellie finally took one at 5 weeks old.

Nicole said...

love the outfit christina! she is so cute. she looks so little...figures she takes after you! i hope you are having so much fun with her!

Lucy said...

She is so cute! And so alert! Hope you are all settling into a nice routine.