Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving capers

We had a great Thanksgiving in Houston this year. By the day I left, I had finally gotten over my cold I'd suffered through for a week and a half. I think getting up at 4 a.m. for Kohl's Black Friday sale helped immensely. Nothing like fighting a crowd of 300 cranky people in the middle of the night to clear the sinuses right up! I will definitely not do that again. I really thought we'd be the only ones and it would be a fun adventure. But, we did get the $29 KitchenAid knife set that I came for. Since we knew everything else would be gone after we got that, we grabbed a few more. Anyone need a knife set for Christmas?

In other deal news, we got tickets to Hawaii for our trip in March! I've been watching the prices for a while and they dropped a ton last week. Clicking through to Priceline from Ebates also got us $17.50 cash back - at least enough to pay for one of our bags! Seriously guys - if you haven't signed up for ebates yet, do it! It pays off (not that it costs anything) even if you just use it for the airline tickets.

Charlotte was glad to get out and enjoy a fresh set of books, toys and parents for the week.
Now we're back in Frisco, loving the fall weather that was noticeably absent in Houston. No matter how many Christmases and Thanksgivings I spend there, I can't ever get it in my head to pack shorts and flip flops!Anniversary flowers

3 comments:

vdg family said...

Good Job! How fun it is to have family with you for Thanksgiving!

I love the image of Charlotte and you!

lrbodine said...

I love ebates!! They were having double rewards on Friday so I bought some stuff through Old Navy that day. Love free money for doing my regular online shopping!

That is really cute that you have pictures and you and Charlotte playing with the same toy.

Ellen said...

I don't think I could bring myself to shop on Black Friday like that. The fear of bodily injury keeps me away.